March 23, 2020
March 23, 2020
To Our Valued Customers:
As is evident in Summit’s Mission Statement, our constant goal is to:
Create a Safe Environment Where Our Employees Can Prosper Professionally & Personally, While Maximizing Our Customers' Productivity.
We take our role very seriously of keeping commercial trucks on the road to allow hospitals, grocery stores, and other essential businesses to provide the products and services that will keep our country moving through this pandemic.
Summit is allowed to continue operations as an essential business supporting transportation and logistics under the guidelines recently issued by the U.S. Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA).
In light of the adjustments our country and the world are making due to COVID-19, we want to provide a few other updates to our customers in these uncertain times
- Summit Truck, Summit Bus, and Summit Lease & Rental are OPEN for business at all dealership locations and Idealease branches. We have proactively implemented several safety measures including, but not limited to:
- Enhanced disinfecting procedures. All locations are taking extreme care to sanitize and wipe down all surfaces; hand sanitizing is being provided for both employees and customers.
- Following the specific instructions sent to managers on Friday, March 20th, if employees are suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 virus.
- Implementing 6’ distance buffers by utilizing respectful barriers in all departments to create the appropriate 6’ minimum distance between our employees and visiting customers.
- In most cases, you should continue to contact your local dealership or Idealease representatives that you have dealt with in the past for everyday business needs. Our Customer Service Department is also reachable via call or text at 469-702-8391 for instances where you need support outside of your local dealership. If you prefer email, please contact support [at] summittruckgroup [dot] com. We are here to communicate with you ─ to answer any questions, alleviate concerns, and keep our Summit family and valued customers informed on how we are handling the effects of these unusual times.
- During these times, we understand you may have a need for additional trucks, quickly. Summit has many large groups (10-50 like units) of both New and Used Trucks in inventory, ready for sale. We also have Rental Trucks available for immediate short-term needs.
Summit, in consultation with legal counsel, is also monitoring and analyzing developments with state- and city-specific regulations, and will make any adjustments required by such regulations on a case-by-case basis. This includes Executive Orders issued by various locations in which Summit does business. At this time, Summit is, likewise, considered an essential business under the various shelter-in-place ordinances (as, among other things, a provider of transportation maintenance services, auto-supply, and auto-repair) and will, therefore, continue conducting business at all of our locations.
One thing that has not changed, and will not change, is our commitment to uphold Summit’s Vision statement through:
Continuous Improvement in Employee Satisfaction, Customer Experience & Financial Results.
We thank the heroes that are working tirelessly to keep our country and its people safe and secure — our amazing customers, truck drivers, healthcare workers, those in government, and many more. We are humbled to do our part and want our customers and employees to know that we are here to help. Our employees will continue to interact with both customers and fellow employees in keeping with the REACH Values that have been established.
Justin Fink, Chief Executive Officer