INTERNATIONAL TRUCK LAUNCHES HX™ SERIES
LAS VEGAS – February 1, 2016 – International Truck today launched the International® HX™ Series, a new line of Class 8 premium vocational trucks designed to deliver the strength and endurance required for the severe service industry. This is the first all-new vehicle introduced by International Truck since 2010.
“The launch of the HX Series is an opportunity for International to recapture a leading position in the vocational market – a segment we previously led,” said Troy Clarke, President and CEO, Navistar, Inc.. “The launch of the HX Series underscores our commitment to innovation, our dedication to uptime and our position as a leader within the industry.”
The new truck series, unveiled today at the World of Concrete trade show, will replace the International® PayStar® model.
“The design of our new HX Series is based on in-depth discussions with leading users of severe service applications,” said Bill Kozek, president, Truck and Parts, Navistar, Inc.. “Each of the four models in the series has been engineered to deliver unmatched performance for the most punishing jobs, while making operators more productive.”
International is taking orders for this vehicle immediately. The first vehicles will be delivered this spring.
HX Series Addresses Full Range of Applications
Four HX Series models will be offered, with both set-forward and set-back front axle models in either short or long hood, depending on the application. Three models were unveiled at World of Concrete:
- The HX515 is a 115" BBC Set-forward Axle Straight Truck with primary vocations including concrete mixer, construction dump, refuse/roll-off and crane.
- The HX615 is a 115" BBC Set-back Axle Truck or Tractor with primary vocations including construction dump, concrete mixer, platform stake/crane and refuse/roll-off.
- The HX620 is a 120" BBC Set-forward Axle Truck or Tractor with primary vocations including heavy haul tractor, construction dump and platform stake/crane.
The fourth model, the HX520, is a 120" BBC Set-forward Axle Truck or Tractor with primary vocations including heavy haul tractor, construction dump and platform stake/crane. It will be formally unveiled at Truck World in Toronto in April.
The HX515 and the HX615 models are powered by Navistar® N13 engines, while the HX520 and HX620 models offer the Cummins® ISX15 engine.
Each model in the HX Series delivers on four key principles of design: maximum strength and durability, driver productivity, bold styling and superior uptime.
“The HX Series combines aggressive styling, unstoppable capability and driver-centric features to appeal to vocational truck owners in a whole new way,” said Denny Mooney, senior vice president, Global Product Development, Navistar, Inc. “All you need to do is get behind the wheel of this truck and you will see that this is a major step forward in design, all with the driver in mind.”
Specifics of the HX Series include:
Strength and Durability
- Each model has a huck-bolted frame and cross members, which produce superior clamping force to minimize vibration and maximize structural integrity.
- An available industry-leading 12.5" x .5" single rail delivers 3.5 million RBM at 13% less weight than a 10" rail, allowing room for a heavier load.
- The industry's only dedicated vocational aluminum cab offers better durability than steel.
- The three-piece Metton hood is stronger and lighter than fiberglass and is designed to resist cracking.
- Doors feature stainless steel piano hinges for superior strength.
- The industry's strongest tow pin is rated at 150,000 PSI for extreme recovery towing.
- The maneuverability and visibility of each truck in the HX Series is best-in-class.
- A 40-degree wheel cut on both right and left turns allows for improved maneuverability, while angled fenders provide greater wheel clearance to help power through challenging grounds.
- The hood's low angle makes for the industry's best front forward visibility, and the larger rear window compared to the company's prior model allows for superior rear visibility.
- The HX Series is equipped with the all-new DriverFirst™ Cab Air Suspension, designed with 52" springs to produce a supremely comfortable and quiet ride reducing driver stress and improving productivity.
- For faster and more convenient access, the HX Series hood has an assist mechanism requiring little effort to open.
Bold and Aggressive Styling
- Hoods and grilles across the entire lineup are designed to look great and stand out on the road and at the worksite.
- Customers will have options for bright finishes.
- The interior was ergonomically designed to offer more room for driver comfort and productivity.
- The contoured door handles add hip room and storage space.
- The central console is angled for easy reach to controls.
- There is easy access to cup holders and the overhead console.
- The standard tilt/telescoping steering column adjusts to accommodate any size driver.
- Gauges are designed and positioned to deliver optimal visibility and vital information at a glance.
- LED lighting is standard throughout, as are air conditioning, power windows and power locks.
- Consistent with the International mission, the HX Series has been tested and validated to provide industry-leading uptime, with the sort of durability and endurance that customers demand.
- At the Navistar Proving Grounds in Indiana, the HX Series was subjected to accelerated life testing, which simulates 10 years of wear and tear and vibration in extreme duty cycles.
- Vehicles underwent staggered bumps testing, which generated torsional twist in the chassis, to ensure suspension components were stabilized and equalized.
- Each model was also subjected to severe duty ditch event, in which a fully loaded vehicle is run through four ditch events that are 12" in depth.
For more information on the HX Series or to locate a dealer, visit InternationalTrucks.com/HXSeries.
Navistar International Corporation (NYSE: NAV) is a holding company whose subsidiaries and affiliates produce International® brand commercial and military trucks, proprietary diesel engines, and IC Bus™ brand school and commercial buses. An affiliate also provides truck and diesel engine service parts. Another affiliate offers financing services. Additional information is available at www.Navistar.com.
All marks are trademarks of their respective owners.