Eleven Leaders of Tomorrow Complete Summit EDGE Program
November 18, 2016 – Summit Truck Group held commencement activities on November 16th to celebrate the successful completion of the Summit EDGE Program by eleven Summit employees. The EDGE Program is a formal leadership program designed to develop the next generation of leaders within Summit Truck Group. Participants attended a number of training classes and seminars (both internally and externally provided), held group meetings at various company locations, took part in team-building events, participated in job rotations to learn all aspects of the business, and, in their final session, completed a business simulation exercise.
The EDGE Program participants who graduated from the EDGE Program include:
- Luke Cox, Assistant Used Truck Sales Manager, Kansas City MO
- Rachel Etemadi, Vice President of Marketing, Central Support Office, Lewisville TX
- Daniel Galindo, Parts Representative/Assistant Parts Manager, Midland TX
- Brian Hilton, Assistant Parts Manager, Oklahoma City OK
- Paul Keifer, Lead Mechanic, Salina KS
- Randy McCullough, Service Team Lead, Memphis TN
- Rory Michie, Service Manager, Albuquerque NM
- Gary Norcross, General Manager, Wichita Falls TX
- Michael Shipman, Rental Account Manager, Little Rock AR
- Cory Smith, Parts Manager, Abilene TX
- Mason Stewart, Assistant Parts Manager, Lowell AR
Justin Fink, CEO, addressed the EDGE participants during commencement ceremonies, calling them, “contributors to the future of Summit Truck Group”. He noted that the EDGE Team members demonstrated dedication to improving their skills and said the company would look to them for future leadership opportunities. Greg Hanno, Sr. Vice President of Human Resources, added that, although this EDGE group has now completed their formal development program, they are expected to continue to grow as leaders and to take on new challenges. Managers of each of the graduates, along with members of Summit’s Leadership Team, attended the commencement to show their support for the EDGE Team.
Nominations of potential candidates for the 2017 EDGE Program are being accepted and the next Summit EDGE Program Team will be announced next month.