The Back of this Bus Puts It Ahead of the Competition
There are many reasons why the RE Series school bus from IC Bus leads the field. Starting with the back of the bus, the rear engine is powered by a Cummins engine, which has the capability for 285 hp/800 lb-ft and gives it a reputation for maximum reliability. And unlike any of our competitors, there’s a left side engine access door which provides unmatched easy entry to the engine. Another reason the RE Series school bus leads the field is its 21,000 lb. air-ride rear suspension, which comes standard, with available front-ride suspension to match. All of this while having a passenger capacity of up to 84 students. Plus, the 78" interior headroom and widest entry door in the industry grants passengers plenty of room for entry and egress. Like with all IC Bus brand buses, you’ll be supported with the most extensive North American dealer network. From front to back and back to front, this is one bus that’s got you covered.
- Driver’s position is more forward, outboard, and upward for improved driver sight line forward, aft, and on both sides of the bus.
- Optional tilt and telescoping steering column allows for optimized positioning, increasing driver comfort and ease of turning.
- A standard driver's seat provides comfortable, integrated 3-point seat belt for improved positioning and driver comfort.
- 78" interior head room from front to rear for passenger comfort.
- The accelerator and brake pedals are positioned for maximum comfort and utility.
- Patented dynalastic engine mounts, soft ride suspension package, and generous sound absorbing material deliver a quiet and comfortable ride.
- The widest entry door in the industry and three-step entryway give the driver a clear view of the curb and riders an easy path for entry/egress.
- Standard variable-rate rear springs and heavy-duty front and rear shock absorbers isolate passengers and driver from harsh roads.
- Fully electronic, self-testing instruments, with visual and audible alarms for low fuel, oil, voltage, and high temperature.
- Rear air suspension available.
- Side mounted radiator and rear facing fluid check points provide for easy daily inspections from the rear of the bus.
- IC Bus exclusive left side, lockable engine access door allows easy side and rear engine access.
- Simplified flasher panel provides for ease of inspection and servicing.
- Fan system is computer controlled for optimum cooling and long life.
- Daytime running lights are standard.
- Flush mounted clearance lights resist damage.
- Battery box has slide out tray with nylon rollers for ease of service.
- Standard air brakes with ABS provide responsiveness drivers require when driving through difficult terrain.
- A patented integrated crossing arm motor is protected by mounting within the bumper for dependable operation, even in icy weather.
- Optional under-carriage storage compartments provide up to 114-inch wide “pass through” storage.
- Pin style hinges on all doors are protected from weather and road damage for longer life.
- Metal, top hinged, rear engine service panel allows for easy access to the engine for checks and maintenance.
- Threaded body construction delivers outstanding strength and durability.
- Top mounted, no drip fuel and oil filter for quick and easy servicing.
- Water in fuel sensor for easy detection.