A true commercial grade vehicle that delivers reliable performance year after year.
In the world of commercial vehicles, the introduction of a truly new vehicle is a rare occurrence. That's why the all-new Reach is so important. Everything you believe about what a commercial van can do–and what it can do for your business–is about to change.
The Reach has what today's business owners want:
- A true commercial-grade vehicle that delivers reliable performance year after year.
- A timeless style that will still look great ten years from now.
- Fuel-efficient design -- thanks to its lightweight, aerodynamic Utilimaster body and efficient Isuzu diesel powertrain, the Reach delivers up to 35% better fuel economy than a traditional commercial van (compared to class 3-5 commercial walk-in vans; testing conducted by independent, certified party).
- Reach is the first in its class to offer Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology with Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) injection, which reduces NOx levels in engine exhaust by 85%.
- A time-efficient design; thanks to its low step-in combined with its pass-through design -- drivers can get in and out and back on the road quicker than ever.
Altogether, these features provide you with a commercial vehicle that can "reach" a wide range of vocations -- everything from package delivery to food distribution, contracting to cleaning services, and moving and storage to heating and air conditioning.
Reach for a Lower Cost of Ownership
The beauty of the Reach is its ability to dramatically lower your cost of ownership, no matter what kind of walk-in van you are using today. Isuzu and Utilimaster achieved such astonishing fuel economy and a lower cost of ownership.
Engine & Powertrain
It starts with the state-of-the-art Isuzu 4JJ1-TC 3.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder diesel engine, standard in every Reach commercial van. This powerful, economical, long-lasting example of Isuzu engineering has been proven in demanding business applications around the world.
The 4JJ1-TC's dual overhead camshafts eliminate push rods to minimize power-robbing friction. Its common-rail fuel injection system wrings the energy out of every drop of fuel, and a cast-aluminum cylinder head reduces weight while four valves per cylinder ensure optimum breathing efficiency.
The standard Aisin heavy-duty, six-speed automatic transmission has been specifically engineered to partner with the Isuzu diesel engine to achieve optimal performance and economy. Its double overdrive reduces fuel consumption and engine noise at highway speeds, plus the automatic lock-up torque converter in second through sixth gears reduces engine heat and virtually eliminates power loss.
Lightweight Aerodynamic Van Body
Isuzu's fuel-efficient powertrain is mated to a versatile Utilimaster body designed to be as economical as it is practical.
Utilimaster employs impact-resistant, lightweight molded body panels. The structural components are a hybrid of aluminum and highly-engineered polycarbonate sandwich panels -- the end result is a corrosion-resistant body that is lighter than walk-in vans of equivalent lengths.
In addition, extensive wind tunnel testing optimized the Reach body shape. This aerodynamic design cuts through the air with a drag coefficient that is lower than current competitive vans.
Improved fuel economy not only reduces your cost of ownership but it helps the environment as well, and one of the Reach's advantages is its small carbon footprint.
The Reach's engine meets the most stringent emissions standards in the world. Isuzu's 4JJ1-TC engine comes with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology with Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) injection reducing NOx levels in engine exhaust by 85%.
Another eco-friendly feature is that the Reach's body step well liners and front wheel well liners are molded from recycled tire product.